Monday 14 November 2011

Process of Storytelling

[An interview about my project and the process of storytelling]


"That’s really interesting thanks. So, tell me about your final major project so far?"


I want to make an animation that questions the idea of being different. Everyone wants to make something different, it is how people try to get themselves noticed. I however, want to make something then draw attention to what you are really seeing. My main idea stems from thoughts about the process of representation in that we can find form in things like TV static. The differences are quite minimal but as human beings we interrupt information through mediums and convert it into the characters, emotions and environments we see on screen. I guess my grand gesture is about the conversion of screen based mediums and how, in a digital age, we unquestionably accept what is on it even if we interrupt it wrongly. I'm interested in how people find narrative in sequences whether it is intentional or not. Animation fits this type of approach perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment